Zumbrota is located in Goodhue County, Minnesota, United States, along the North Fork of the Zumbro River.
Zumbrota was claimed as a town in 1856 by Joseph Bailey and D.B. Goddard. The name Zumbrota appears to have resulted from a corruption of the French name for the local river, Rivière des Embarras (Obstruction River) coupled with the Dakota toŋ (village).
We are proud to be the "Only Zumbrota in the world."