Pursuant to due call and notice thereof, Mayor Richard Bauer called the Zumbrota City Council to order at PRESENT: Mayor Bauer, Councilmembers David Benson, Betty Jo Grothe, Sue Lewison, Deb Wilkinson. Others present: City Administrator Ron Johnson, City Accountant Mary Rohe, Community Development Director Tricia Hinckley, Public Works Director Rick Lohmann, Reporter Sandy Hadler, and others as per the attached list.
The meeting was opened with the pledge of allegiance.
It was requested to add the following to the agenda: Item 7f- Yaggy Colby proposal re: water and sewer study, and item 8a- 4-H week proclamation.
Motion Lewison, second Grothe to approve the
Motion Wilkinson, second Grothe to approve the
1. There was nothing to report on sidewalk policies.
2. The summary of water and sewer charge implementation information submitted by several other cities was reviewed at this time. It was suggested to discuss again at the next regular meeting.
3. The proposed purchase agreement for the purchase of the
b) a 7-month rental of $350 per month will be taken off the price at closing ($2,450) with vacation of the premises to take place on or before May 31, 2002, and c) Mr. Tupper will keep the water softener, furnace, water heater, two garage doors (overhead and service), and a 10 ft x 16 ft (approximate dimensions) yard storage building. Mr. Tupper has already approved the agreement.
Motion Grothe, second Lewison to authorize execution of a purchase agreement with Duane Tupper for the property described as follows: parcel 72.120.0250, .33 acres,
4. There was nothing to report related to the Custom Iron request to acquire the city-owned property adjacent to the former City garage on
5. At the last meeting, Councilmember Wilkinson suggested that shirts or sweaters with the City of
Motion Wilkinson, second Grothe to approve up to $80 per full-time employee to purchase shirts or sweaters with the City of
6. As requested, Yaggy Colby Associates submitted a proposal to provide engineering services related to the potential extension of water and sewer services south/west of Hwy 52. They propose to conduct a topographic survey and provide cost estimates to determine the feasibility of serving the south/west side of T.H.52 for an approximate fee of $5,500.
Motion Lewison, second Grothe to accept the proposal of Yaggy Colby Associates to conduct a topographic survey and provide cost estimates to determine the feasibility of serving the south/west side of T.H.52 for an approximate fee of $5,500. Carried 5-0-0.
1. A proclamation declaring
Motion Grothe, second Benson to authorize the Mayor to execute the proclamation declaring
-Informed Council that a pre-construction meeting will be held next Thursday for the Wastewater Treatment Facility Rehab Project.
-Community Development Director Tricia Hinckley-
-Informed Council that she attended the legislative annexation meeting held in Rochester on Monday, September 14, and forwarded a letter to Representative Dempsey related to annexation.
-Public Works Director Rick Lohmann-
-Presented an update on the 2001 Street Overlay Project.
-City Accountant Mary Rohe-
-Thanked Council for the opportunity to attend the Government Finance Officers' Association annual conference.
-Informed Council that an architect has volunteered to meet with representatives of the fitness center committee to discuss a potential facility in Zumbrota.
Mayor Bauer recessed the meeting at 6:27 p.m. and called the meeting back to order at 6:30 p.m.
1. 6:30 p.m.- was reminded of the public hearing for the annexation request related to the golf course/residential development project at the next regular meeting. Council was informed that the Golf Course Association was conducting a full membership meeting on September 26 to further discuss the potential project.
Mayor Bauer adjourned the meeting at 7:25 p.m.
Ronald S. Johnson, City Administrator