Pursuant to due call and notice thereof, Mayor Richard Bauer called the Zumbrota City Council to order at PRESENT: Mayor Bauer, Councilmembers David Benson, Betty Jo Grothe, Sue Lewison, Deb Wilkinson. Others present: City Administrator Ron Johnson, City Accountant Mary Rohe, Community Development Director Tricia Hinckley, Jim Wedge, Paul Qualy.
One correction to the July 19 meeting minutes as presented was noted.
Motion Lewison, second Grothe to approve the
1. There was nothing to report related to sidewalk policies.
2. Several questions were asked related to the implementation of SAC & WAC and related charges. Administrator Johnson stated that he is obtaining examples of ordinances showing the implementation of said charges.
1. There was nothing to report under this agenda item.
1. Public Works Director Rick Lohmann requested approval to purchase a blacktop roller from the State of
Motion Wilkinson, second Benson to purchase a blacktop roller from the State of
2. Joel Bigelow & Sons Enterprises Inc., Bigelow-Lennon Construction, and the Zumbrota Golf Course Association submitted a request to annex approximately 225 acres, including the existing golf course. This would accommodate an expansion of the golf course to 18 holes and the development of approximately 213 residential units. It was suggested to direct the committee of Mayor Bauer, Councilmember Lewison and Administrator Johnson to discuss the potential of orderly annexation with
Motion Wilkinson, second Grothe to direct the committee of Mayor Bauer, Councilmember Lewison and Administrator Johnson to discuss the potential of orderly annexation with
3. Resolutions approving the Zumbrota Fire Department Relief Association pull-tab premises permit application renewals at 1) Covered Bridge Restaurant, and 2) Zumbrota Liquor Store were presented for consideration.
Motion Grothe, second Lewison to adopt Resolution 2001-09, a resolution approving the pull-tab premises permit application renewal of the Zumbrota Fire Department Relief Association at the Covered Bridge Restaurant. Carried 5-0-0.
Motion Benson, second Grothe to adopt Resolution 2001-10, a resolution approving the pull-tab premises permit application renewal of the Zumbrota Fire Department Relief Association at the Zumbrota Liquors. Carried 5-0-0.
4. Administrator Johnson informed Council that he was notified by
Motion Wilkinson, second Grothe to submit an application for conveyance of tax-forfeited lands for an authorized public use to acquire parcels 72.120.0350 and 47.030.2200 for potential use for the Goodhue Pioneer Trail, and pay the related deed taxes and filing fees of $93.30. Carried 5-0-0.
-Councilmember Benson reported that some of the residents adjacent to the property owned by the city (adjacent to the large holding pond) are still interested in purchasing some of that property. Administrator Johnson stated that he would check to see if Yaggy Colby submitted the property's wetland information to the Natural Resources Conservation Services office.
-Councilmember Grothe reported that the grant application for the Covered Bridge Park Bathhouse project was not funded.
-Councilmember Wilkinson reported that the healthcare task force met earlier in the day.
Mayor Bauer adjourned the meeting at
Ronald S. Johnson, City Administrator