Pursuant to due call and notice thereof, Mayor Rich Bauer called the Zumbrota City Council to order at PRESENT: Mayor Bauer; Councilmembers David Benson, Doug Borgschatz, Betty Jo Grothe, Deb Wilkinson. Others present: City Administrator Ron Johnson, City Accountant Mary Rohe, Community Development Director Tricia Hinckley, City Attorney Matt Rockne, Reporter Sandy Hadler.
The meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.
It was suggested to add agenda item 7g- MCMA Mid-winter Development Conference.
One correction to the
1. There was nothing to report under this agenda item.
1. Two proposals for a full-size police vehicle, and two proposals for a mid-size police vehicle were received. The low quote for the full-size car was $20,924- $3,688 higher than the low quote for the mid-size. The low quote for the mid-size vehicle was from Hinckley Chevrolet, who has the state contract for the Chevrolet police vehicle.
Motion Benson, second Grothe to accept the quote from Hinckley Chevrolet (under the State Contract) for the purchase of a mid-size police vehicle (Chevrolet Impala) at a cost of $17,236. Carried 5-0-0.
2. It was suggested to consider the resolution related to the annexation of a 3.36 acre city-owned parcel (recently received tax-forfeited parcel) located west of TH52 at the next regular meeting, as the Minneola Town Board will be discussing this at their January meeting. Council concurred.
1. Resolution 2003-01 was presented for consideration.
Motion Wilkinson, second Borgschatz to adopt Resolution 2003-01, a resolution designating the Bank of Zumbrota and Edward Jones as official depositories for the city of Zumbrota. Carried 5-0-0.
2. The city's official publication needs to be designated annually.
Motion Borgschatz, second Grothe to designate the NEWS-RECORD as the city of Zumbrota's official publication. Carried 5-0-0.
3. Mayor Bauer requested approval of the 2003 board/committee appointment list.
Motion Borgschatz, second Wilkinson to accept the 2003 board/committee appointments. Carried 5-0-0.
4. Public Works Director Lohmann requested approval for Fred Eberhart to attend the annual Collection Systems Seminar.
Motion Benson, second Lewison to approve the attendance of Fred Eberhart, and the related expenses, at the Annual Collection Systems Seminar. Carried 5-0-0.
5. Tricia Hinckley informed Council that the Planning Commission would be reviewing the Zumbro Woodlands Subdivision final plat at their 1/14/2002 meeting, and, therefore, no action is necessary at this meeting.
6. The League of MN Cities is sponsoring conferences for newly elected officials and experienced officials.
Motion Grothe, second Benson to approve the attendance, and related expenses, for Council members at the League of MN Cities' Newly Elected Officials Conference or the Experienced Officials Conference. Carried 5-0-0.
7. Administrator Johnson requested approval to attend the MCMA Mid-Winter Professional Development Seminar in Duluth, February 14-15.
Motion Wilkinson, second Borgschatz to approve the attendance of Administrator Johnson at the MCMA Mid-Winter Professional Development Seminar in Duluth, February 14-15, including registration, two nights lodging, mileage and meals. Carried
-Informed Council of a request to allow burning of trees/brush during the grading of new subdivisions. As this is apparently allowed in the city of Rochester, Johnson was asked to check with them on what their regulations/restrictions are and report back to Council.
-Informed Council of a request that Council restrict downtown parking. He stated that Public Works Director Lohmann and he would review and bring back a recommendation to Council, if Council wished. Council concurred.
-City Accountant Mary Rohe-
-Requested approval to transfer funds.
Motion Grothe, second Wilkinson to approve the transfer of $50,000 from the General Fund to the EDA as per budget. Carried 5-0-0.
-Community Development Director Tricia Hinckley-
-Informed Council that the A-3 Moratorium request would be discussed at the January 7 County Board meeting, and encouraged Council to attend, if possible.
-Informed Council of the Goodhue County Board of Adjustment's approval of the Tollefsrud variance request.
-Informed Council that the Senior Living Facility Committee received proposals from two architect firms, and will be interviewing said firms on January 10.
Mayor Bauer adjourned the meeting at 6:32 p.m.
Ronald S. Johnson, City Administrator