Pursuant to due call and notice thereof, Mayor Richard Bauer called the Zumbrota City Council to order at PRESENT: Mayor Bauer, Councilmembers David Benson, Betty Jo Grothe, Sue Lewison. ABSENT: Councilmember Deb Wilkinson. Others present: City Administrator Ron Johnson, Public Works Director Rick Lohmann, City Attorney Matt Rockne, Reporter Sandy Hadler, Jim Wedge, Connie Rude, Nick O'Reilly, Karen Pfenning, Megan Lunde, Paul Qualey, Chris Huston.
It was requested to add the
Motion Lewison, second Benson to approve the
Motion Lewison, second Grothe to approve the
1. There was nothing to report under this agenda item.
1. There was nothing to report related to sidewalk policies.
1. The Planning Commission, upon completion of a public hearing, recommended approval of an Interim Use Permit for Nelson Dairy Consultants to store warehouse commercial products (vitamins and trace minerals used in the dairy industry) at 316 N Main. It was noted by the Planning Commission that the building is located in a high traffic area (along Hwy 58) and has adequate turn-around and parking space.
Motion Grothe, second Benson to accept the recommendation of the Planning Commission and approve the Interim Use Permit for Nelson Dairy Consultants to store warehouse commercial products (vitamins and trace minerals used in the dairy industry) at 316 N Main with the following stipulations: 1) heavy commercial vehicles are prohibited between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., and the permit terminates when Nelson Dairy Consultants changes substantially or materially, or said business is sold. Carried 4-0-0.
2. The ordinance modifying the existing ordinance related to refuse hauling was briefly discussed. It was suggested to issue the license for a 5-year period. It was also suggested to modify subdivision 7 of the draft ordinance, to include the language "If a proposed rate increase is considered to be unjustifiably excessive, the City Council has the option to terminate said license". The draft ordinance will again be discussed at the next regular meeting. Staff was directed to discuss recommended liability limits with the League of MN Cities.
3. The City Council, prior to this meeting, received a letter from the Roscoe Town Board informing Council of the board's opposition to the John and Roald Mona petition to annex 160 acres in
Motion Lewison, second Grothe to direct staff to contact Roald and John Mona to discuss the possibility of modifying their annexation request from 280 acres to 120 acres. Carried 4-0-0.
4. Council was updated on recent correspondence with Charles Lemaire, owner of the "old church" at
5. Jeannie Johnson, Librarian, received a proposal from Marvin Strauss to complete repair of the demolished area in the library (exclusive of taping and painting). The quote of $2,697 included materials and labor. Mr. Strauss would be able to commence work within a couple of weeks.
Motion Grothe, second Benson to accept the proposal of Marvin Strauss to complete repair of the demolished area in the library (exclusive of taping and painting) at a cost of $2,697. Carried 4-0-0.
6. A special meeting needs to be called to discuss the Capital Improvements Planning Process with David Drown on April 26.
Motion Grothe, second Benson to set a special meeting for 6:00 p.m., April 26, 2001, in the police station to discuss the Capital Improvements Planning Process with David Drown. Carried 4-0-0.
-Reported that the numerous storm water projects completed over the past few years, including the clean-out and expansion of the regional holding pond, have really reduced the problems caused by excessive rain.
Mayor Bauer adjourned the meeting at 7:00 p.m.
Ronald S. Johnson, City Administrator