Pursuant to due call and notice thereof, Mayor Rich Bauer called the Zumbrota City Council to order at PRESENT: Mayor Bauer; Councilmembers David Benson, Doug Borgschatz, Betty Jo Grothe, Deb Wilkinson. Others present: City Administrator Ron Johnson, City Accountant Mary Rohe, Public Works Director Rick Lohmann, Community Development Director Angie Bersaw, City Attorney Matt Rockne, Reporter Sandy Hadler, Brian Haugen, Barb Regnier, Jim Wedge.
The meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.
It was suggested to add agenda item 8a- 2003 annual audit engagement letter, and item 8b- Stop sign request on
There were no comments from the public.
1. Barb Regnier, Golf Club representative, was present to request payment of Pay Request #1 for the golf course expansion project.
1. There was nothing to report on the St. Paul Road Public Improvements Project as the improvement hearing will be conducted during the November 6 regular meeting.
2. There was nothing to report on the 5th Street West/Jefferson Drive Storm Water Study.
Motion Wilkinson, second Benson to select the W11-9 sign (wheelchair) for
1. Mayor Bauer opened the public hearing to consider the petition to vacate
Motion Wilkinson, second Benson to adopt Resolution 2003-30, a Resolution Vacating a Public Thoroughfare (a portion of
UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Continued)
4. Administrator Johnson reviewed an updated proposed development agreement between the City of
1. Tony Bigelow and Ward Opitz were present to review the final plat for Phase One of the Highlands of Zumbrota, and request approval thereof. Several of the items discussed during the agenda item related to the development agreement are directly related to the final plat approval. Mr. Bigelow and Mr. Opitz said that they would adjust the final plat to take into consideration the adjustments noted during the development agreement discussion. This item would remain on the agenda for consideration at the next regular meeting.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Continued)
5. Administrator Johnson informed Council that Briggs & Morgan has reviewed the resolution, and relating documents, approving the issuance and sale of revenue notes as requested by St. Francis Health Services, Inc., and sees no problem with Council's approval thereof.
Motion Grothe, second Benson to adopt Resolution 2003-31, a Resolution Approving the Issuance and
NEW BUSINESS (Continued)
2. Rick Lohmann, Public Works Director, requested approval to purchase a computer to run the new SCADIA system for the new booster station and the controls at the Wastewater Treatment Facility.
Motion Wilkinson, second Grothe to approve the purchase of a new computer at the Wastewater Treatment Facility for $1,950 plus sales tax and shipping. Carried 5-0-0.
3. The Planning Commission forwarded three recommendations related to zoning ordinance changes for Council consideration. An ordinance adopting said changes was presented for consideration. The section related to increasing the allowable height and size of freestanding ground or pole signs drew some concern. It was noted that the amendment makes our ordinance comparable to the size and height allowed in
Motion Grothe, second Wilkinson to accept the Planning Commission's recommendation and adopt Ordinance 2003-02, an ordinance amending certain language as follows:
1) amending Section 14 of the City of
-Informed Council that Chief Selness and he attended a two-day COPS grant workshop and will present some information related to that workshop at one of the next regular Council meetings.
Mayor Bauer adjourned the meeting at
Ronald S. Johnson, City Administrator