Pursuant to due call and notice thereof, Mayor Rich Bauer called the Zumbrota City Council to order at PRESENT: Mayor Bauer; Councilmembers David Benson, Doug Borgschatz, Betty Jo Grothe, Deb Wilkinson. Others present: City Administrator Ron Johnson, City Accountant Mary Rohe, Community Development Director Tricia Hinckley, Public Works Director Rick Lohmann, City Attorney Matt Rockne, Reporter Sandy Hadler, Bill Anderson (Yaggy Colby Associates), Ashley Ryan, Aaron Ryan, Andrew Ryan.
The meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.
It was suggested to add approval of the
Motion Wilkinson, second Benson to approve the
1. There was nothing to report on the Sonia Gunhus request.
2. Tricia Hinckley, Community Development Director, recommended that a public hearing be set to consider the Don Wendt annexation application.
Motion Wilkinson, second Benson to set a public hearing for ,
3. There was nothing to report on the potential 2003 budget cuts.
4. Bill Anderson, Yaggy Colby Associates, suggested a
Motion Wilkinson, second Grothe to set the bid opening for the TH58 Water Crossing Project for ,
5. Bill Anderson, Yaggy Colby, presented the feasibility report of potential public improvements along the
6. Bill Anderson stated that his firm is nearing completion of the Water System Study, but needs to re-test a few hydrants.
7. Bill Anderson informed Council that the plans and specifications are near completion for the water main extension from Zumbro Woodlands to Trelstad Addition. Discussion with Zumbrota and
8. Bill Anderson updated Council on Yaggy Colby's progress on the Public Improvements Location Analysis West/South of TH52. He said the topography causes many challenges for proper utility locations.
9. There was nothing to report on the water/sewer extension to the Golf Course Expansion/Residential Subdivision Project.
1. Richard Nei, Park Maintenance Worker, submitted a letter of resignation effective
Motion Benson, second Grothe to accept the resignation of Richard Nei, Park Maintenance Worker, effective
2. LuVerne and Susan Peterman submitted a minor subdivision request for property located at
Motion Grothe, second Benson to accept the recommendation of the Planning Commission and approve the Minor Subdivision request of Luverne and Susan Peterman, and allow the existing driveway to become a shared driveway, contingent upon the R1a zoning requirements being met, the removal of the garage/carriage house on the “new” parcel, the receipt of a certificate of survey of the property that provides proof that the R1a requirements are met, and the inclusion of the proper language addressing the shared driveway in the deed(s) prior to recording. Carried 5-0-0.
3. Administrator Johnson stated that Steve Pahs, Goodhue County Soil and Water Conservation District representative, stated that he is setting up meetings for City Councils to present information related to the topic "Municipal Official Nonpoint Source Pollution Education", and would like to schedule a meeting with the Zumbrota City Council on May 13.
Motion Wilkinson, second Borgschatz to call a special meeting for ,
4. The League of MN Cities Annual Conference will be in
Motion Grothe, second Benson to approve the attendance, and the related expenses, of department heads and City Council members at the League of MN Cities Annual Conference in
-City Accountant Mary Rohe-
-Informed Council that the auditors would be in city hall next week to begin work on the annual audit.
-Public Works Director Rick Lohmann-
-Informed Council that the schedule has been set up for mowing the
-Mayor Rich Bauer-
-Informed Council that the Memorial Day Committee has a fund that could possibly be used for purchasing replacement flags downtown when needed this spring or summer.
-Informed Council that the Goodhue County Board of Commissioners approved the A-3 moratorium request.
Mayor Bauer adjourned the meeting at
Ronald S. Johnson, City Administrator