Pursuant to due call and notice thereof, Mayor Rich Bauer called the Zumbrota City Council to order at PRESENT: Mayor Bauer; Councilmembers David Benson and Betty Jo Grothe. ABSENT: Councilmembers Doug Borgschatz and Deb Wilkinson. Others present: City Administrator Ron Johnson, City Accountant Mary Rohe, Public Works Director Rick Lohmann, City Attorney Matt Rockne, Reporter Sandy Hadler, Bill Anderson (Yaggy Colby Associates), Al Schumacher, Joe Anderson, Dale Hinderaker, Lance & Sharon Isenberg, Karolin Lex, Rick Johnson, Jim Wedge, Rosella Staub, Steve & Carol Zielsdorf.
The meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Council was informed that the sub-committee met to discuss the Sonia Gunhus request. The committee will present a recommendation at one of the next regular Council meetings.
2. There was nothing to report regarding the Don Wendt annexation application. The public hearing will be conducted during the May 15 meeting.
3. There was nothing to report on the potential 2003 budget cuts.
4. Residents and business owners along and near the
5. Five bids were received for the TH58 Water Crossing Project with Schumacher Excavating, Inc. submitting the low bid of $59,260.
Motion Grothe, second Benson to accept the bid of $59,260 of Schumacher Excavating, Inc. for the TH58 Water Crossing Project. Carried 3-0-0.
1. Two quotes were received for a lawn tractor to be used at the fire station, with Myran's Power Equipment submitting the low quote of $1,612 for an 18 HP, 42" deck, White lawn tractor.
Motion Benson, second Grothe to accept the quote of Myran's Power Equipment for an 18 HP, 42" deck, White lawn tractor at a cost of $1,612 plus sales tax. Carried 3-0-0.
-Reported that the EDA will be conducting a special meeting to discuss the status of the senior housing project.
-Public Works Director Rick Lohmann-
-Informed Council that the skid loader is in need of major repairs ($1,500 to $2,000) and requested that Council think about whether to repair or replace. It is scheduled to be replaced, but due to budget cuts, he has not received a price on a new one yet. He will provide additional information at the next regular meeting.
Mayor Bauer adjourned the meeting at
Ronald S. Johnson, City Administrator